Never Do Fund Raising Again: A Paradigm Shift from Donors to Lifelong Partners
by Ken Williams and Gaylyn Williams
Ken Williams (developer of the excellent Sharpening Interpersonal Relationship Skills workshop) and his daughter Gaylyn have written this practical book that expands the principles originally published in Ken's core article "A New Look at Missionary Support."
The thesis of the book is that the focus should not be on the money, but on developing key interdependent relationships with ministry partners that help both of you move forward in your walk with the Lord and obedience to the Great Commissions.
Some of the key concepts in the book include
- Convert one time gifts into lifetime support
- Experience the amazing power of gratitude to motivate people
- Employ effective communication skills—both written and verbal
- Transform the stress and drudgery of fundraising into a joyful ministry
- Utilize proven strategies to spend less time, effort and money to maintain full support
- Cultivate life-long ministry partners and close friends
- Inspire your partners to become your best recruiters for more support
- Enjoy freedom from worry about your financial needs